Meet Our Team
You’re probably familiar with the expression that asbestos is ‘the hidden killer’, but here are some of the friendlier faces of our asbestos specialists at ABS. If you have a concern over suspected asbestos or if you are in any doubt as to whether you are complying with current legislation, then our friendly team can help.
Our Management Team has worked within the asbestos industry for many years with a vast knowledge and experience in all aspects from surveying, sample collection and bulk analysis, asbestos awareness training through to the safe removal and disposal of asbestos.
ABS has steadily grown over the years earning an enviable reputation within the industry for delivering a fast, friendly and professional service to all our clients from small retail units to high profile government buildings and large-scale housing developments.
Whilst the team are all passionate about the jobs they do, they also have a life outside of work. Here is a little glimspe into the off job lives of our team.
Operations DirectorDarroch doesn’t like jumping through hoops unless he is on the Basketball court. Darroch’s other passions are spending time with his family and tinkling on the ivories.
- Favourite movie The Matrix (love’s a good sci-fi).
- Favourite holiday destination Japan.
- Favourite television personality Malcolm Tucker from The thick of it because of the emotive and elegant way he commands the English language.
Office Manager/Bid Co-ordinatorHobbies
- Celia is always rambling, not talking, walking in the Hills in the Lake District
Favourite holiday destination Italy.
Favourite book Crime & Punishment, Dostoevsky.
Favourite television personality Keith Lemon
Administration/Compliance AssistantEmma our very own “Rock Chick” loves attending live music events and travelling.
Favourite film is Back to the Future.
Favourite holiday destination Benidorm.
Favourite television personality Kat Von D because she’s an amazing tattoo artist and business woman.
Group Services DirectorHobbies include
- John hates “firefighting” unless he’s Cooking on a BBQ.
- Being a Scotsman, he is partial to a wee dram and has a Rare whisky collection.
- You may have heard John’s dulcet tones on the radio as he is an occasional FM Radio presenter
- Board member of a Registered Charity
- Exhausted father of twins.
Favourite Book The History Thieves, Ian Cobain.
Film Short Cuts, by Robert Altman.
Favourite holiday destination Islay (for the whisky).
Favourite television personality James Gandolfini and Soprano’s.
Accounts ManagerMyra is our social butterfly, spending time with friends and family as much as possible.
Favourite book by Jonathan Tropper – This is where I leave you.
Favourite holiday destination New York.
Favourite television personality currently Mrs Durrell in the Durrells because she is funny.
Customer Liaison OfficerOur very own renaissance woman, her many hobbies include
- Binging on tv series ww2 films,
- Friends & fam
Favourite Film Harry Potter
Fav holiday destination – Puerto Pollensa
Favourite television personality – David Attenborough (he has educated and inspired for years)