Asbestos Building Surveys Ltd are a UKAS accredited asbestos surveying, sampling and bulk analysis consultancy covering the UK from our East Kilbride office, and forms part of the range of pre-construction services provided by Damada Group (www.ask-abs.co.uk).
Would you like to work with a fresh, dynamic and driven team?
Due to continued expansion and internal promotion, ABS are seeking to recruit experienced Laboratory Technicians with at least two years’ experience and holding a current P401 qualification, along with all other necessary certification.
Required experience: Asbestos Analysis: 2 years
Laboratory duties include but are not limited to:
- Bulk analysis of asbestos samples taken by ABS Surveyors and others to provide clarity presence of asbestos or not in accordance with HSG 248
- Input sample results on electronic data system and cross check with surveyor data
- Participation in the external AIMS scheme
- Timely monthly quality control checks
- Assisting in calibration and minor repair of equipment
- Stock control of laboratory consumables
- Completion of bulk analysis certificates
Desired Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- P401 BOHS Bulk Analyst
- At least two experiences as a Bulk Analyst
- Understanding on Asbestos and where it can be found
- Experience in supporting/ administration of technical data or projects
- Knowledge in technical buildings/ property and H&S terminology
- Experience working with Alpha Tracker Software.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with excellent spelling and grammatical skills
- Diligent and tenacious approach to meeting tight deadlines
- Self-managing by continually assessing changing priorities and amending own work plan accordingly
- Effective interpersonal skills within a team environment
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience, pension package and discretionary bonus.
Apply through email
To apply for this position, please submit a written statement of why you should be considered along with your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job application is open until August 15th. If selected, we will contact you to attend for interview
If selected, you will be working from our East Kilbride base.
This is a fulltime position. You’re required to work 40 hours spread over 5 days a week.