Working in the UK’s secondmost regulated industry (after the nuclear industry), we take our industry accreditations seriously. ABS holds current certificates for the following industry accreditations:
- ISO9001 This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and drive for continuous improvement. ABS Ltd is part of the Damada Group and is covered by our Damada Group certification.
- ISO14001 sets out the criteria for an environmental management system. It maps out a framework that a company or organisation can follow to set up an effective environmental management system. ABS Ltd is part of the Damada Group and is covered by our Damada Group certification.
- OHSAS 18001 is an international occupational health and safety management system specification. Central to OHSAS requirements are strong policies and procedures. ABS Ltd is part of the Damada Group and is covered by our Damada Group certification.
- The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is the sole national accreditation body for the United Kingdom. UKAS is recognised by government, to assess against internationally agreed standards for organisations that provide certification, testing, inspection and calibration services.
- UKATA (UK Asbestos Training Association) sets the standard in the UK for asbestos training and ensures that its members meet those standards
- Safe Contractor is a third party accreditation scheme designed to assess health and safety arrangements and confirm the organisation to be a competent contractor.
- Constructionline is the UK's leading construction certification service. It works with over 8,000 buyers and 24,000 suppliers across the UK.
- UVDB is the community for the UK utilities industry. It helps utility buyers to manage risk within their supply chain and comply with EU Procurement Legislation.
- RISQS is the Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme. It is the supplier pre-qualification service used by buyers of all products and services throughout the GB rail industry.
Living Wage Employer
ABS is an accredited Living Wage Employer. We believe that every member of staff deserves a living wage and we are delighted to have received this accreditation.